Mayumi did quite well! So proud of her:

Eclipse Glasses/Velvet Kente on Friday:

This is a shot from the "stage". Too, it's my best photo of Zach, who is hard to get a good shot of otherwise:

Tomorrow eve, Jay Barth is kicking off his campaign. I'd like to go, but we'll file this under "We'll See". Maybe at Heather's birthday soiree this evening, I can score a date. BTW, Jay is running for Tracy Steele's position. Mr. Steele will be unable to run again due to term limits. It's good to get into and stay involved in local politics. I'm just sayin'.

So, I've been tweeting more than I need to, but I'm just trying to get the hang of it. Pardon the transition.
Well, ATM is in Washington, D.C., so I'm a-takin' care of the homestead by myself. I was excited because I figured I could do "whatever I want", but I'm so busy, things don't feel different. The biggest difference is that I have more leg room in bed because SOLO sleeps on his side when he's away. Oh, I have noticed that I don't cook while he's gone. I'm hoping to correct that this evening because I am so tired of eating pita chips and hummus and peanut butter toast. Guh. Thankfully, this arrangement ends Wednesday evening.
On Saturday, me & KMHD made Mayumi a last-meal-before-the-marathon dinner. It was AWESOME! There was an egg scramble with corn & a whole package of Gimme Lean & some Monterey Jack cheese. We also had refried black beans & homemade corn tortillas. Top with cilantro & salsa and wash down with freshly juiced juice and GO TO TOWN. Yes, you DO wish you were there.
KMHD taught me how simple it was to make corn tortillas:



I gave General Change a grape tomato resulting in cute photos. I don't think he really liked it, but everytime I "threatened" to take it away, he'd quickly try to gobble it up. He ended up eating it.:



On Saturday, me & KMHD made Mayumi a last-meal-before-the-marathon dinner. It was AWESOME! There was an egg scramble with corn & a whole package of Gimme Lean & some Monterey Jack cheese. We also had refried black beans & homemade corn tortillas. Top with cilantro & salsa and wash down with freshly juiced juice and GO TO TOWN. Yes, you DO wish you were there.
KMHD taught me how simple it was to make corn tortillas:



I gave General Change a grape tomato resulting in cute photos. I don't think he really liked it, but everytime I "threatened" to take it away, he'd quickly try to gobble it up. He ended up eating it.:



Eclipse Glasses/Velvet Kente on Friday:


This is a shot from the "stage". Too, it's my best photo of Zach, who is hard to get a good shot of otherwise:

Tomorrow eve, Jay Barth is kicking off his campaign. I'd like to go, but we'll file this under "We'll See". Maybe at Heather's birthday soiree this evening, I can score a date. BTW, Jay is running for Tracy Steele's position. Mr. Steele will be unable to run again due to term limits. It's good to get into and stay involved in local politics. I'm just sayin'.
Random end bits------------
I made a carrot cake & ATM actually ate some! He is one of those non-sweet-tooth-havin' people.

Does anyone know how to make the shoes by the door less ugly?


Does anyone know how to make the shoes by the door less ugly?

4 comments:
Socialism seems pretty cool right about now if you asked me.
That first pic of The General looks like he's got a Pulp Fiction ball gag in his mouth.
You know, I'll admit, I don't know much about socialism except that I do think it's weird, for lack of a better word, that we pay for basic human rights like water, food & shelter. That's just my base gut feeling. I can't think of anyone off hand that understands the idea of socialism. I hate it when people throw the word around like a scare tactic, do they even know what they're saying?
Aw, the General. He loved loved loved your presence at the house.
That meal was worth the long wait. I was glad to finally be able to make corn tortillas for the family. They're so easy, so good!
I've seen some neat ideas for shoes ranging from shoes bins from the Container Store to re-purposing attorney book cases. (I wish I had the latter.) I think you need to establish a 'landing strip' for those things: shoes, keys, mail, coats, umbrellas, etc.
Post a Comment